The Metal Zoo takes pride in our high quality, cast aluminum statues which are built to withstand the elements of every season. However, buildup can still occur, which can dull the appearance of your statue. The clear skies and warm temperatures of summer make for the perfect time to shine up your cast aluminum statues from The Metal Zoo! These preventative steps can go a long way and keep your cast-aluminum statue looking brand new! If your statue has severe staining, build up or discoloration please contact us at The Metal Zoo to advise you on how to restore your statue as best as possible. Do not attempt
- Inspect your statue from all angles. Get up close and check for any unexpected areas, such as grooves, joints, fine detailing, curves, and the base of the statue.
- You may also wish to evaluate the location of your statue- is it near any sources that cause buildup? Sprinklers, loose dirt and gravel, trees, etc, can all cause your statue to become soiled. If you find your statue is continuously needing a clean, it may be worth relocating your cast-aluminum statue to a more optimal location away from sources of buildup and debris.
- Next, rinse off your cast-aluminum statue with water, focusing on any spots with excess build-up or dirt. A hose with a spray attachment works best for this. Make sure to remove any buildup from the undersides or base of the statue as well. We do not recommend the use of pressure washers as they can potentially strip more than just dirt off!
- If needed, clean your statue with a mild soap using a non-abrasive cloth, sponge, or soft nylon bristle brush. Gently remove any build-up, and don’t forget the get in the grooves!
- Do not use any abrasive scrubbing or stripping agents or solvents as these items can remove the patina from the statue, as well as sealants or paint.
- Rinse the soap off of your statue with water. Make sure all soap is removed from all areas of your statue.
- Dry your statue off with a soft, clean towel- such as microfiber or cotton. We do not recommend the use of waxing, polishing, or shining products as these can affect the color of the patina, paint, and sealing of your cast-aluminum statue.